01 June 2015 | News | By Bureau Report
The consumer products division of NALGENE Outdoor Products, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, has come up with a new mobile app that helps environmentally conscious users to measure the financial and environmental benefits of choosing a reusable water bottle over single-serve plastic bottles.
The Nalgene “Refill Not Landfill” app, the first from one of the leading manufacturers of reusable water bottles, enables consumers the unique ability to track their water consumption alongside the significant cost savings from using a reusable water bottle over single-serve plastic bottles. The app also tracks the number of single-serve plastic bottles saved from landfills by the consumers’ choice of reusable versus disposable bottles.
“When a person makes the conscious choice to drink from a reusable water bottle, the benefits far exceed personal hydration to include environmental and financial benefits too,” says Eric Hansen, director, Nalgene. “The savings are truly amazing and this app helps to capture that good will.”
The “Refill Not Landfill” app was designed by Minerva, a Rochester-based creative services agency, and is now available for iOS and Android based devices, free for user download.
Using the app, users can:
• Enter the amount of water consumed in a reusable bottle each day. The app will track the amount of money saved over a period of days, weeks, or month, based on the US average price of $1.45 per 16.9 oz single-serve portion.
• Track the number of single-serve plastic bottles saved from landfills over a period of days, weeks, or months.
• Monitor daily water intake with the app’s easy-to-use daily goal meter and helpful reminders that ensure you reach your hydration goal.
• Customize the tracking experience by choosing your favorite Nalgene bottle with specially-designed, in-app bottle selector.
• Receive coupon codes redeemable at Nalgene’s online store (www.nalgene.com), based on how much water you drink.